Knowledge is Power. Which explains why online courses have become so popular, with new platforms popping up regularly offering courses on practically any subject you can think of. According to Class Central, a whopping 58 million students signed up for at least one MOOC (massive open online course) in the past 5 years! Why are so many people turning to e-learning?
The Benefits of Learning Online
Here are some main reasons why students of all ages and professions from around the world are signing up for online courses:
- Convenience. Learn from the comfort of your own home. E-learning allows you to learn wherever and whenever is most convenient for you – allowing you to complete the course at your own pace instead of at the rigid pace of campus lecture schedules.
- Lower cost. Online learning is far cheaper than traditional learning environments. For professionals seeking to expand their education.
- Recognition. For those who want to change jobs or move forward in their current careers, e-learning offers a great way to gain education and recognition, with certificate programs that enhance their CV.
- Networking. E-learning allows you to use chats and discussion forums to network with other students from around the world with similar interests!
- Engaging study format. Online courses usually present the material in a range of formats, incorporating video, audio and quizzes to engage students and help them integrate the material better.
FIND OUT MORE OR ENROLL
IN RAPAPORT ACADEMY TODAY!
E-Learning Resources for Diamond Professionals
The diamond industry has begun to capitalize on the e-learning trend, with many new e-learning opportunities that can help diamond professionals expand their skill set and progress in their careers, regardless of whether they’re new to the industry or seasoned professionals. Here are three great online courses to check out:
1. Rapaport Academy – Rapaport has introduced the Rapaport Academy, which offers an array of online courses focusing on the commercial and practical aspects of the trade. Any diamond professional - regardless of their years of experience - will find these courses both interesting and beneficial to their career. Click here to find out more>>
2. GIA Distance Education – GIA offers a variety of online courses that are primarily focused on grading and evaluating gems, pearls and diamonds. Click here to find out more>>
3. Christie’s Education – Get arty with Christie’s! Their online learning programs allow you to participate in introductory courses to the art world as well as more advanced art courses. Click here to find out more>>
What Can YOU Gain From E-learning?
The diamond industry is constantly developing and evolving, making it difficult to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices, as well as keeping ahead of your competition.
Whether you are looking to broaden your knowledge and skills, or boost your CV and career, it is worth exploring the opportunities that online courses offer.
As Ann Yang of AA Kim’s Fine Jewelry said “Online learning can help you gain or re-establish your knowledge. Although I have been in the diamond industry for about 10 years, I learned a lot about the industry that I did not know before from Rapaport Academy’s online course – Fundamentals of Diamond Trading."
It’s a new year - and a great opportunity to enhance your existing skill set with new information and knowledge, or dive into a new field. With e-learning, it’s never been easier to gain the education you want!